AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators) are a relatively new item to manage for a safety team since they’ve only been available for about 25 years. AEDs have become so popular they can be found now in almost every public place. Organizations who’ve been intimidated by the prices or risk of law-suits have no more excuses to delay. AEDs can readily be bought for just $1000 – $1500 and in bulk orders under a thousand. The Good Samaritan Laws have become so friendly that they provide superb coverage and the only ones at risk are those who are late to invest in the simple life-saving technology.
Here’s a few tips for those who already have some AEDs in place:
- Consider standardizing to one AED type. Having one type of AED in place can help for training and certainly managing supplies.
- Check your AEDs age and if there’s recalls. AED One-Stop Shop can do this for you if you send us a spreadsheet to include serial number. There are likely newer and better AEDs available.
- Know AEDs do more than just shock now. They have voice prompts, visual prompts, dual languages, real-time CPR coaching and even wireless connectivity.
- Don’t neglect your AEDs. It’s estimated that more than 1 out of every 5 AEDs is not ready and in compliance. Batteries and pads must be replaced.
- Use software to manage AED readiness. Spreadsheets and paper check tags simply don’t seem to work, rather organizations enjoy web-based software called AED LIFELINKcentral or AED PlusTrac.
For those who don’t yet have AEDs:
- Familiarize your organization with statistics about Sudden Cardiac Arrest death and the difference from a common heart attack.
- Watch videos or arrange for a demo. AED One-Stop Shop has National reach and we can show you how easy-to-use AEDs are.
- Get a price quote. You might be surprised how affordable they’ve become.
- Don’t try to do everything yourself. Trust AED suppliers like AED One-Stop Shop to interpret your states AED laws, if you need CPR training and what’s needed for compliance.
- Please don’t delay and it’s far better to be proactive rather than reactive to a life being lost.
AED One-Stop Shop offers a consultative approach to business and you can reach a professional at 855-677-2337. Prefer to buy online? Then you’ll love purchaseAEDs.com for the low pricing and convenience buying.